August 25 Update: Now Complete & Online — Full Official BIBF Schedule of Literary Events in English (Aug 27-31) Or, if you want it in Chinese, click 活动手册
Sino-Russia Literary Forum (9:00 -17:00, Aug 28, 29)
All day event featuring various Russian and Chinese writers making presentations and engaging in round-table discussions. Russian writers: Irina Barmetova, Ivor Volgin,Sergey Esin, Olga Slavnikova, Igor Egorov, Alexander Girgorenko, Alexander Arhangelski, Valeria Putsovaya,Maxin Amelin, Aleksey Varlamov. Chinese writers: He Jianming, Liang Hongying, Zhaomei, Qiu Huadong, Li Er, Qiao Ye, Zhang Qinghua, Qiao Liang Wang Hongjia.
- Time/venue: 14:30-15:30, August 29 at the Foreign Language and Teaching Research Press booth (W1.A35), in Shunyi New Hall of the China International Exhibition Center (顺义新国展 W1.A35 外研社数字展台)
Beijing Int’l Book Fair Evening Literary Events (Aug 28-Sep 1)
- Chinese authors Xu Zechen and Wang Gang, Russian poet Maxim Amelia, Chinese and Swedish illustrators, and more . See details here.
Qingdao to Host Translation Conference in Run-up to Beijing Int’l Book Fair
- Sponsored by China Publishing Group. Aug 24-25. Details here.
Turkey-related Events at the Fair
- Turkey is the “Country of Honor.” The Turkey pavilion will display more than 3,000 books, and sponsor a series of seminars and events featuring Turkish writers such as novelist Mario Levi, Orhan Kemal’s Chinese translator, and more. Click here for the schedule of events.
Follow the Fair in Chinese on Weibo
- 微薄账号: http://weibo.com/bibf
Awards at the Fair [Read more...]